Monday, July 05, 2004

Back to Work

Well, time to get back to earning the bacon.

It has been to weeks since I left my former job, and is time to become a "productive member of society" again. Not because I want, but because someone has to pay the bills and I am not into pimp daddies.

Anyway, tomorrow I will learn about my schedule and therefore my free time availability, since I have no clue when I will be able to blog again, I present you with a bunch of posts. And I promise you I will follow Bill's advice and start posting more often.

Enough chit chat, I now present you with...

The Spanish Blunder or How Aznar and his Thugs Tried to Vilify the Basques.

Do you remember what happened after the terrible attacks in Madrid on March 11th?

How the junta that ruled Madrid tried to blame it on the Basques?

How they went as far as misleading the German intelligence community by providing them with the wrong information?

Well, it gets worst, thanks to new documents disclosed last weekend, now we know that the Spanish authorities were quite aware of an impending Islamist attack on Spanish ground or Spanish interests abroad months before it happened, and even then, when it happened, they were bold enough to use it for what they thought was their political benefit.

Here is the
story:

Spain a terrorist target for months prior to Madrid bombings, docs say

10:35 PM EDT Jul 05


MADRID, Spain (AP) - Dozens of declassified documents were delivered Saturday to
Spain's parliament ahead of hearings on the March 11 train bombings in Madrid.

One police document reportedly said islamist terrorists had been plotting to attack Spain since late 2003, months before the blasts that killed 190 people.

A parliamentary commission will begin work Tuesday examining evidence and interviewing officials and witnesses to determine whether the bombings might have been prevented and whether steps taken since have increased Spain's security.

The commission, made up of lawmakers from all parties in parliament, has sparred with the government and security agencies over what classified material it will be allowed to examine.

The bombing has been blamed on Islamic militants with possible links to the international terrorist group al-Qaida.



.... ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment