Monday, February 17, 2003

Planes, Shuttles and Automobiles

Friday I got up early in the morning to get ready to the trip to Sanfran, went for breakfast to take my last to pills for the sinus infection and then pick up the business cards (which were not ready, and useless by now) and head out for Chicago's Midway Airport around 9:15 am.
Everything was fine on the way there besides the snow plow trucks deployed every few miles and the dozens of State Troopers stopping anyone going over 66 MPH.

So, I make it to the airport and I have to leave my car parked in what seemed to be the last available spot on the red economy parking lot and took a shuttle to the terminal where alas, the screen informs me that my flight was cancelled (I did get a courtesy call regarding this which came in friday at 10:30 am and I got monday at 3:00 am).
So, I show myself to the boot and tell them I am one of the lucky ones and they frantickly start looking for a flight for me which departs from O'Hare at 3:00 pm so shuttled again I am from Midway all the way to O'Hare where the lines to check in and to the security check points are as long as the lines to hell.
When they are done fondling me, I mean, when I am done with the security guys I got only 4 minutes to make it to my gate which if you have been to O'Hare meant I had to run like bat out of hell to make it there just to find out that I am on seat 25E on a Boeing 777 which means that you are the lucky one seated right smack in the middle with two people to your right and two people to your left which makes going to the lavatories a task for titans.
It was a 3 hours and 50 minutes flight to SFO which puts it 10 minutes shy of the 4 hours required for them giving you a meal so off here comes the cheese and crackers. The worst part, the movie was a woeful concoction with Mark Wahlberg and Tandie Newton called "The Truth About Charlie" which has to be one of the worst flicks I have ever seen.

But as soon as I arrived to SFO things starting looking good, and they just improved day by day, but for that you will have to tune in tomorrow.

Gero arte!

.... ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment