Tuesday, April 08, 2003

Susan, Iker and Lucía

I had a great time up in Chicago, I met my friend Susan and had the chance to meet her son who works for a big time company there. We also met Iker who is a Basque guy that works for some sort of trade office in Chicago. We talked for hours about you know what.

Since I left for Chicago with plenty of time I went by Tower Records to check the Foreign Movie DVD section because here in Peoria all you can get at the Foreign Section is mega-uber-stupid Chinese movies. This time I was able to acquire and excellent movie called "Lucía y el Sexo" which was translated to "Sex and Lucia" in the USA, this movie is by the famous Basque director Julio Medem who also did "Amantes del Circulo Polar" and "Vacas".

"Sex and Lucia" is a deep and provocative movie, if you can get over the title then you are ready to experience a roller coaster ride of human emotions, don't miss it if it ever comes to a theater near you, and if you are a guy, well, looks like Penelope Cruz has some competition on the actress Paz Vega.


.... ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment