Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Christo Visits Euskadi

I do not quite understand how exactly is it that the feed engines work. Everyday I look up news about the Basque Country, almost everyday I look up feeds for posts around Blogotitlán that have to do with the Basque Country.

When it comes to feeds, I usually come up empty handed.

But time to time I run into real gold mines, like for example, the blog called "Christo's Point of View".

Christo describes himself as a "spiritual, silly, multi-cultural mountain of a man".

During the last few days he has been sharing his experiences in Euskal Herria, the Basque Country. There is several pictures posted at his blog, but there is also a review on Arzak, check this out:

Arzak: A Taste of Heaven
We've all eaten on average about three times a day every day of our lives thus far. So to have a single meal stand out in your memory for the rest of your life is a pretty big deal. And last night, for Wilbert and I, Jose Mari Arzak (pictured with us above) and his amazing staff accomplished this feat. Our dinner at Arzak in San Sebastian will go down in our memories as one of the most special and outstanding meals we've ever had.
Pay a visit to this blog, pronto.

.... ... .

4 comments:

  1. Aizu, mila esker for promoting my blog, oso jatorra zara! I am by far not a newcomer to the Basque Country, but rather an outsider (former American, now Dutch) who has been nursing an ongoing love affair with Euskal Herria since I studied here for a year in 1990-91. It really is an amazing and beautiful place, and I love coming back here again and again. As a matter of fact, my "thank you" present to San Sebastian is organizing my company's annual meeting here next month. :-) So though my vacation is almost over, I'll be back again next week!

    I'll remain a vocal and loving supporter of Euskal Herria (and Euskera) for the rest of my life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. it looks like a lovely place, we will have to visit when you set up residence there. now is the membrillo that christo mentions the same to the one found in mexico?

    ReplyDelete
  3. CC, it is indeed the same membrillo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christo, it is my pleasure to mention your blog, I'm so thankful I found it.

    Enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    Gero arte lagun!

    ReplyDelete