Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Last Post of 2002

This is it.

As the year draws to an end I seat in front of the screen and I think on those twelve months left behind. I think the balance this year is positive, compared to the five years before it is by far a year where I did not have to struggle to survive.

There was dark times like always, that is life, but this time the fear element was removed and that is a plus by itself. This year was also very important when it came to consolidating a few things on which I had been working for a while now. I did not make new friends but the few true friendships that I have grew deeper, they are more solid, more mature.
I was also able to leave behind relationships with all the "drag you down" people around me, I do not have the time nor the will to waste my energy with people so empty that have little or nothing to give, people that will take from you but at the same time is very capable of denying you a hello if they feel like it.

I met one great person in 2002 and I think that was the highlight, to meet Julia Butterfly Hill was so inspiring that today I feel like it was just yesterday when her words, the love and compassion in her eyes and her passion for life lifted my soul and my mind to a whole new level.
It was a year where I finally saw the fruits of my three years labour of love on the internet defending my people through information and dialogue, now I have Basque friends all over the world, people with a dream, people that shares that love for a land that has been raped, love for a culture under attack, love for a people with so much dignity that they refuse to drag themselves into the cicle of violence generated by mental and moral dwarves that today cling to the glory of their colonialist past.

I miss my family and friends I left behind, they know I had to do it, and they support my decisions and keep a possitive attitude when they talk to me even when their hearts ache. Only the companionship of my friends help me to stay focused, their kindness keep me from losing my mind.

Tonight I will toast to life, tonight I will toast to all of you out there, my family and my friends, that make me a better human being and make this life worth living.

Thank you all.

Happy New Year!

Urte Berri On!

.... ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment