Saturday, November 24, 2007

Surf's Top 45

This note appeared today at EITb:

Sports

Foster's ASP World Tour

Basque surfer Aritz Aranburu qualifies for the elite top 45

11/24/2007

The Basque surfer will be a true ambassador for Basque surfing around the world.

Basque surfer Aritz Aranburu guaranteed his place among the top 45 surfers for next year at the Reef Hawaiian Pro despite losing out in the semi-finals (5th place overall).

Aranburu eliminated Bruce Irons, world No. 2 Taj Burrow and other highly seeded surfers en-route to the semi’s to confirm his spot for next year's Foster's ASP World Tour.

“It’s been an amazing contest for me and I didn’t expect it, I was just trying to do the best I could,” said the 22-year-old. “I didn’t expect to eliminate Taj Burrow,” Aranburu told kauaiworld.com.


~ ~ ~

No comments:

Post a Comment