Thursday, January 20, 2005

Txakoli en Getaria


Getaria Posted by Hello

Elderly men get their glasses filled with 'Txakoli' (typical Basque white wine) during the Txakoli Day, in the northern Basque town of Getaria, January 17, 2005. Getaria's vineyards are the most important producers of this wine, considered by many the inheritor of a culture and a tradition carried for centuries and an element with its own voice in the life and customs of the Basque people. REUTERS/Pablo Sanchez.

.... ... .

5 comments:

  1. Mmm, I wish I had one bottle near here, either txakolí or a txotx of cyder, I wouldn't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This last weekend there was not txakoli and no sagardo at hand, but then this one bottle of tequila startd calling my name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmm, nice choice -- Priapo gets up, takes a glass and goes to the fridge to take a beer with mezcal

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI IM WRITING A NOVEL AND MY MAIN CHRACTER IS FROM THE GETARIA AND IS BASQUE CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY INFORMATION BECAUSE IM QUITE CLUELESS THANKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Danielle, that sounds so interesting, I'll be glad to help you anyway I can.

    What kind of info are you looking for?

    Please email me to: blex.zazpiak(at)gmail(dot)com

    ReplyDelete