Thursday, March 11, 2004

Aware of the Bad Press

Yes, I am aware of the bad press the Basques got today due to the horrific bombings in Madrid.

I strongly reject the use of any kind of violence and I send my best wishes to the families of the innocent victims of such a heinous act.

But at the time I am posting this note a minor terrorist group that belongs to the Al-Qaeda network has claimed responsibility for the attacks. The Spanish authorities are scrambling to find a way out of the immediate indictment against Basque nationalism and in the face of the evidence (a van with detonators and tapes with Quran recordings was found nearby one of the train stations devastated by the bombings) now they are coming up with some funky theories.

As I always say, there is at least two sides to every story, I will keep you posted about the news revolving around this sad day.

.... ... .

No comments:

Post a Comment